Thursday, December 28, 2006



OK, now that I have your attention, I know that you are thinking, "What in the world is this logo doing on this blog?" As my blog header states, this is Truth Gumbo. The gumbo dish consists of many ingredients and depth of flavors. Now, onto the blog.

This morning when I awoke, I was not feeling well. So, I made a call into work and took a day of rest, napping alot of the day along with the pup. For the time I was not asleep, I found myself watching the Dallas Cowboy Cheerleader (DCC as I now know it is called) tryouts. At first glance and thought of this orginazation, one would think, "Cheerleaders, whatever." I, too, thought this. As you see, I used the past tense, thought. I have been reformed. What an amazing orginazation. These "girls" work their behinds off. From sunrise to sunset, constant scrutiny. I really encourage everyone to watch this program if you ever get the chance. What these "girls" go through is absolutely grueling. Hard, hard work everyday. It seems to never end. Trust me folks, this is a serious business. Yes, business. Determination and perseverence is what drives these girls to become who they want to become. Remember, life is not about finding yourself, life is about creating yourself. That is what these girls go on a daily basis. Creating a person that is much admired by football fans around the country. Afterall, who does not know the image of a DCC?

What I have learned from watching this program today is eye opening. To have your performance, both professionally and personally, has to be quiet nerve racking. Not only do these girls have to "look" good but they have to be smart. Yes, imagine that, these women are smart. They are trained in etiquette, get a physical makeover, taught on current events, reach out to the community and much much more. If you think that your job is constantly being looked at under the microscope, think again. It never stops for these women. They have to be mentally strong in order to survive this camp. Up front and brutal honesty every moment of every day.

I think I could write a short book on these women and I have never met them. After "spending" time with them today, I feel like I know them. What I do know is, I have total newfound respect for them. To want something so bad that you are willing to put yourself through such "torture" is a trait that should be admired. My hat is off to these women. We all should work so hard to become what we should become.

unt