Wednesday, September 13, 2006

What a magnificient scene. I stumbled upon this photo a couple of days ago on the web and thought, "Maybe I'll save this to be painted or just to look at every now and then." Nothing makes a statement about fall better that the changing of the leaves on trees and the crisp, cool air in the out-of-doors. As I slipped on my shoes this morning, leashed up our beloved pet, Abbey, and stepped outside for a morning walk, I was greated by a pleasant cool breeze. "AHHHH, what a welcoming sign" I exclaimed. Let me set the scene for everyone. We recently moved to Nashville and will be experiencing our first fall and winter in this glorious setting. Our apartment in situated on a hillside, surrounded by nothing more than trees, trees, trees. Whenever the drapes or blinds are drawn, all we see are trees. No apartments, cars in the parking lots, residence walking or passing traffic. Our quaint setting overlooks a modest hillside. Now, can you see why we anxiously awaiting the changing seasons? We can only imagine what beautiful suprises nature holds for us. An added bonus is the fact that we have a screeened in porch on the third floor(by-the-way, we are on the third floor, in the tree tops, like a tree house if you will) that we can sit on and enjoy the fabulous breezes and scenery. So, I welcome fall with open arms and anticipation. I look forward to the quiet moments on the porch, walking our pet and snuggling infront of the fireplace(wood burning of course) and savouring each ingredient of nature's gumbo. Stay tuned for "Nature's Gumbo" recipe...................

2 Comments:

Blogger Dustin said...

Washing my pots and pans in anxious anticipation....

8:21 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

What a beautiful post...bravo.

8:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home